Sunday, February 26, 2006
  Happy Birthday!

Wow.. Another birthday came... and went. I feel like I celebrated my birthday all week long! I am very blessed. It began with my mum coming down to shop and have supper on tuesday, and then a surprise birthday blessing from the Grace Harvest Youth Group on Thursday Night- followed by my roomates making me a Truffle and singing me happy birthday first thing in the morning. Mmmmm....there's nothing like dessert to get the day started! As I get older (not that

I'm old! haha) I realize I just want to be surrounded by people I love...forget birthday cakes, I just want to be with other people. In the morning (I had school all day of course) we played "Sorry" in Ethics class. However there were many different twists to the game. In the first game (below), Kara and I played together with the same rules and this was to demonstrate that we were on the same team- We were the "Christians." In the room next to us Rob, Jessie and Sarah were also playing a game of "Sorry" using different rules that Kara and I didn't know. After we were all finished playing Kara and I played Rob, Jessie and Sarah using the rules from our first game. Rob, Jessie and Sarah represented another religion. So here we are- Kara and I are allowed to bump people off of a square and send them back to the start if we land on them but their rules say that they are allowed to have two game pieces on one square at one time, so war literally broke out! Little did we know, but the teacher had secretly asked Rob to be a terroist- so he was moving our game pieces back without us knowing, or moving his pieces extra spaces. In our third game we were all fending for ourselves and were allowed to so called "cheat"... aka "do war." It was really interesting and helped give me a pratical understanding of what we're studying in class. We're reading "Christianity in an Age of Terrorism" By Gene Edward Veith and have been talking about 9-11 and "What is Jihad." It's been really interesting. The above picture is from our first game- I'm the blue pieces! In the evening I travelled to Fredericton with Jessie and Kara and hung out with Jessie and Al for abit then met up with my mum. Afterwards I went to Matt and Chrissies- they're kids are getting huge! I got to spend time with them and Danica and Chuck- woooooo- I miss my Fredericton family!
 
Comments:
You had a birthday? When was that?
 
Happy birthday Erin!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger