Friday, February 17, 2006
  Standing firm..

"It if for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."


Here's today's beef. I'm always sick. I mean it. I am AlWAYS sick. I know I drive my friends and family crazy because I am always the one crashing the fun because I am puking or have a high fever. Since I have moved to Saint John (I promise there's something in the water here), I've had bleeding ulcers in my stomach, been diagnosed with depression with manic "tendencies" (what a load) and am currently sitting home with a slugglish fever and a cold. There's always a different ache..there's always something out of place. Church I need strategy! I don't get it! The harder I press into the heart of God the more random the sickness gets.. sometimes it makes me laugh, I feel like Satan says "How can I make Erin sick today?" And then closes his eyes and randonly picks something to make me feel like junk. I don't have all the tools and wisdom to figure this out but I know who does.

"For though we live in the world, we do wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of this world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

I'm ready to contend. Church take back what belongs to you.
 
Comments:
Amen. I hear you, I always feel bad and don't want to say I don't feel well or I am depressed because it seems everyday there is a new issue and I don't want people to not hang out with cause i've become a drag. But my spirit is sayin the same thing, its time to take it back - to contend and press in harder then before. And I want to be healed and see people healed from depression!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger