Wednesday, March 29, 2006
 

Just arrived home from a quick trip to Fredericton. I've spent four outta the last five days in Fredericton- but somehow managed not to miss any classes on Monday or Tuesday in Saint! I had the same bus driver three times- so of course I heard the same story about the Welsford Esso going up in flames due to some guy with a gun shooting a the gas tanks three times. I'm not sure if he tells every person who sits in the front seat that story. You'd think I would look kinda familiar to him- we talked the whoooooole way all to and from Saint John and Fredericton all three times. I learned some very interesting facts about the Welsford Irving for anyone who is interested. I learned that before the Welsford Esso blew up it was the "community" liquor store-- and now that the Esso is not rebuilding the Irving wants to take advantage of the extra revenue that can be gained from selling alcohol in their convenience store and attach a liquor store to their store. Here's the clincher---the man that managed the Irving was a Christian man and most of his employees were as well. He was let go so that the liquor store could be put in. The things you learn on a bus. God Bless you Mr. Former Irving Manager.


Well Fredericton was a good time. I'll be back with my entire school next week for a four day mission. There's nothing like doing a mission to your home city. Even today I was driving up Regent street and I had a worship CD turned up and I was thinking about Fredericton and I felt a real shift in my attitude. I remember a time when I hated Fredericton and I wanted nothing but to leave (I've been here my whole life). I started to pray and I really believe that in the time I've been gone something has been shifting in the city- it was so much easier to pray- maybe it's just my attitude and my growing love for the city. Anyways I'm excited for next week- we'll be working out of a church on the north side doing a little bit of everything - youth evangelism, seniors, kids club, worship night, drama etc.


The above picture is Brett Joseph- we got to hang out for a bit this afternoon. Isn't he cute?! We're tight. I lived with his family for nine months last year....they are the bomb.com
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger