Sunday, March 26, 2006
  Sabbath weekend
Went home to Fredericton for some much needed R and R... that's Rest and Relaxation for you Scott and any of my brother's friends that might be reading this. I've been taking this class at school called "Spiritual Formation" and it's all about spiritual discipline and getting your life in order. The text for the class is "Ordering you Private World." I can't think of the author right now, but it's all about cultivating personal disciplines so that you don't burn out and so that you don't give away more then what you are personally receiving. It's a great book and it's been one of the more revolutionalizing courses that I have taken this year. Anyways- going home this weekend was for sure a reflection of what I have learned in that course. I was overwhelmed with decisions to be made about school and the summer and I definetly needed the time to retreat and spend some time away. For those who know me know that I draw my energy from spending time alone- and sometimes that comes out wrong, ie. that I don't like to spend time with people---which is completely wrong. I am just aware of my limitations and know that I need to "re-engergize" to be an effective group person. Anyways I had a great time home- I really encourage everyone regardless of your position in life or what type of person you are to take time to retreat away, think and reflect. I spent last year running myself into the ground and I've really learned the value of rest, saying "no"..and not taking phone calls for an evening. Don't feel bad- you'll be a more effective for ministry if you can think clearly yourself.
I also got to spend some time with my mum, my pastors Matt and Chrissie, my friend Danica and my whole home Church. Off to write an essay- one month of school left!
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger