Sunday, June 04, 2006
  Who Am I?
One of the largest struggles most young adults go through is Who Am I and What am I supposed to be doing with my life? I spent four loooooong years preoccupied with these thoughts and essentially felt that I wasted these years. What made these years hard in discovering who I was and what direction I was supposed to be taking was the confusion that came from watching others suceeding. All of my friends went to university and I felt that in order to be "somebody" that was the direction I needed to take as well. This only brought more frustration and confusion when I found out that I was walking in something that wasn't for me out of wanting to fulfil a desire to suceed. I see a trend of young adults who just seem to be "floating" around not knowing what way to turn because there seem to be so many options out there for them- or are scared to walked into what God has called them to do because it requires a lot of them. I guess I just wanted to offer encouragement- we are called to be Daughters and Sons of our Father above everything else. When we recognize that this is our calling and our position in Christ it changes our prespective. Who I Am isn't found in the degree or diploma or certificate etc. If He calls me to be a stay at home mom or go to med school or go overseas as long as I'm doing my Daddy's business as His daughter I'll be walking out what He has called me to do. Just be a Daughter.
 
Comments:
I wouldn't change my "call" to be a stay at home Mom for anything. These have been the best 21 years of my life. When this phase is over I will be free to do what is next with no regrets of "missing" the special moments with my family.

No one says on their deathbed, "I wish I had made more money", or "I wish I had never forgiven that person".

You have your whole life ahead of you...pick the things that have eternal value and when you "miss it" those things just become your education.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger