Wednesday, September 13, 2006
  Day one on the streets
I think this four hour time difference to New Brunswick is going to break my addiction to msn. It's eight o'clock and everyone is in bed at home. I like the sounds of that. Today was my first full day in Victoria. I couldn't sleep after 6:00am (cuz really it was 10:00), so I got up and unpacked and showered and got ready for the day. I explored my new community of Saanich this morning, I found a nice little physio clinic that I think I'm going to become quite familiar with and explored the Baskin Robins and the grocery store. I really enjoy the place where I'm living- I live in a condo complex that has a private pool and tennis court. It's kinda neat. Later tonight I picked pears and peaches from the complexes fruit trees and ate them for a snack. I'd never seen a pear tear! I spent all afternoon downtown Victoria. I took lotsa pictures of the Rockies (when I have internet working to my laptop, I'll post them) and of the ocean. I spent some time at the "shoe box" place meeting volunteers and a couple of the street kids that hang out there and come for food. Later we walked the core section of downtown and Rick showed me all the hotspots for buying and selling Crystal Meth and Coccaine. I met a few of the kids but mostly Rick and I spent the afternoon talking about what I would be doing for the year. I'm excited for this crazy adventure....I have no clue what to expect. I'm totally out of my element. I'm heading for a nap.. later skaters
 
Comments:
Woohoo, you made it! Victoria and Saanich really are beautiful communities.
This is great stuff!
 
I can't wait to see what God does in your life over the next few months!! I'll be praying for you Erin!!
 
oh my...I'm so Jealous, but in a good way. I'm sort of Jealous FOR you, not OF you...haha- if that makes any sense. Yeah...you're goind do great!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger