Wednesday, September 13, 2006
  Day Two..
I had a really good day today. I'm starting to get a better understanding of what Rick actually does and although it's definitley not limited to any one thing or any two things for that matter I definitley admire his passion for youth and his desire to see them come to faith. I also admire that after many years of ministry and the challenges and struggles that come with ministry he still plugs on as if it were his first day. Wow... so day two, I walked a million miles today and I met lots of new people. I spent the first part of my day hanging out at the shoebox place where a few kids came in for lunch- then I headed downtown where I spent the rest of the day walking the core downtown with Rick, meeting new kids. I think this is what I'm mostly going to be doing. "Street Prowl"....trying to build relationships with the kids. Rick has such a unique relationship with so many of the kids; they really do trust him. We spent a lot of time with a couple of people.. Rick tries to do everything he can to make life easier for the kids. We spent the morning at the shoe box working on birth certificate forms so one girl could go back to school, we took another guy to shoppers to buy supplies for his baby and then we took another guy to payless to buy shoes because his were falling off of his feet. I've come to realize that no day is going to be the same and that hopefully through meeting the needs of others and spending time with them they will meet Jesus. I'm learning. Pictures soon.
 
Comments:
That sounds amazing!! I know I have said that before but it is just that. To be able to see God at work with no doubt!! I am super happy for you Erin!!
 
oh wow. frig man. it's gonna be a good year
 
Oh Erin... all the way in Victoria. It sounds like you are having a great time so far. Wish I was there with you... we could both be oblivious about street culture together. hahaha
I miss you!
Adam O
 
Wow! It sounds amazing there! I am so happy for you. I am praying for you. Well I have get ready for youth group have a good night. I love you.

P.s I sent your mom the letter today
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger