Sunday, September 17, 2006
  saturday's swirling spiraling spinning sequence of stimulating sentences
I feel like if I don't blog for a day I disconnect from the whole world. Mah.. not true. Today was a beautiful day off.. the first one that I've had since I've arrive. Instead of doing nothing like I should have I got up super early and rode the bus for a half hour to the tim hortons and read for two hours.. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!!!! The book "Velvet Elvis" by Rob Bell is really changing me. You should read it if you haven't. I met another church army officer today..Ian Gibbs. He picked me up and we drove an hour to a place called Duncan where I met some Anglican youth leaders in the Diocese. I guess they meet with Ian every so often to plan and have lunch and talk. It was funny.. the same old anglican "church stuff" goes on back home as it does here. "Services aren't relevant..there isn't enough money...the priest doesn't support youth ministry." It was a good afternoon though and I was happy to meet some people and have conversations with people other then the bus driver. So things here are going good. I'm going to try out a church tommorrow..I ran into a guy yesterday while I was on a bike ride (God set up or what?) and he had Christian music blasting from his car and I asked him if he knew where a particular church was. It turned out that was his home church. He gave me directions and we chatted and then he prayed for me. It was one of those weird God moments.. I had tears in my eyes cuz I don't think that man knew just how much he had blessed me in that exact moment. Something so simple as a 30 second prayer goes a long way when you're all the way across the country and you know no one and nothing is familiar-- there certainly is peace in knowing you're with the right people and that you have family in the Body. So I'll be checking this church out tomorrow.. I don't know much about it. I listened to some online sermons and have been through their webpage a couple times.

I need sleep..I'm almost finished velvet elvis for the second time for those who know what I'm talking about.. it's messing me up good this time. I'm being remade. Goodnight...
 
Comments:
Wow, That is amazing about you and that guy. How you just saw him and asked a simple question and then it turned out to be him praying for you. I am happy to hear you are having a good time and God is rocking you. You are amazing Erin.
God Bless you
 
Velvet Elvis certainly is a good one. Went to CCPC today... beautiful service. I am excited that it will be my home church.
Miss you.
Adam O
 
ROB BELL IS THE MAN. Erin, miss you, love you, praying for you ... this is still your spring!

If you ever need a refocus sermon check out the Mars Hill Website and download a couple of sermons ... they are my midweek refocus. http://www.mhbcmi.org/findex.html, hit listen and download for free!

holy spirit hugs! KS
 
I love it when God intervenes and blows us away! WICKED!
 
Thats cool, God looks out for us.... Thats a main reason I always want to take off, when I am out of the firmilar and safe areas I see God moving in my life so much more..........I mean I know he still does it now and here, I just dont notice it as often.

How did the church turn out?>
 
Hey Erin, Duncan is where I came from before I went to Taylor College. Maybe you met my pastor, Glyn? I still miss Duncan, and my church too.

You've been in my prayers. Hope we can hook up sometime in the not too distant future.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger