Thursday, October 12, 2006
  one month... the boring version...probably with lots of spelling mistakes
wow.. I've been here exactly one month ! I figured it was time to tell y'all how I'm doing and what I'm doing etc. Hmmm... Well my days are mostly the same. After three weeks of crazy insomnia I FINALLY adjusted my sleep so that I am going to bed at a reasonable hour, sleeping through the WHOLE night and getting up at a reasonable hour. Woop Woop. In the mornings I usually do school work. I have lots of favorite locations where I love to work...sometimes I like to go to the park and lay in the sun to read... especially my Early Church History text book (because I don't really understand it, and chances are I'll probably fall asleep at the park). When I have to listen to lectures I go downtown where I can get wireless or sometimes I stay home. I haven't figured out yet where I'm going to find a nice quiet place to write essays... that will be next weeks investigation! I don't do much else in the mornings (pretty boring life eh?)- I had been going to physio three mornings a week, but now I'm a physio graduate...somehow I'm not a backpain graduate..go figure?

At noon I catch the bus downtown. I really enjoy riding the bus. When I lived in Saint John I absolutley hated it! I would get sick to my stomach and would have to sit in the front seat. I find my bus rides are like the quiet times of the day... life is sooo busy here.. people are always rushing here, but the bus is quiet. I can think, or read and sometimes clear my head space to pray. So that's a good chunk of an hour. From 1 until 2:30 I hang out at the shoebox place where we give out shoeboxes full of food to the street kids that come by. There's regulars so I've gotten to know quite a few of them and they usually come to stay for the full hour and a half. Usually from three until 4:30ish I go downtown to give out food or hang out with kids..whatever God has in store. It's different everyday. Then I catch the bus home. I'm going to be teaching Sunday School and co-ordinating a youth group at a church here so I imagine my evenings will be spent focused on that- I also joined an evening bible study. I hope to get out and maybe see some tourist type things maybe this month. I'm definitley settled...getting to know some people.. it's not home, but the west coast is a good place.
 
Comments:
I'm happy to hear you are going well. It's sounds amazing there. Look forward to hearing more. I love you
 
Yay for the West Coast! As for a quiet place, have you checked out the parks in Oak Bay yet? There's some really nice ones:)
 
Coolest quiet place is in the midst of the busiest when God gives the moments where you are all in Him.
now, that's not helpful for essays, yet it is with the heart, for in the midst of people we are in community, we are in His Creation and have chances of seeing His plan on ours and everyone elses lives.
Erin, I'm so excited for you, you will find the quiet place, just as you have found the learning place.
 
Im Glad that you are making it like home Erin. it's been a month already? wow..long time..! i hope that God continues to move your heart in ways its never been touched. and show you things that you have never seen! im praying for you. you are missed:)love you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger