Sunday, December 10, 2006
  Three Months In
Hi,

I realize I haven't posted anything directly about what I am doing or any kind of an update for quite some time. Part of that pertains to the predicament of not having proper access to internet for some time and part of it lies within my heart; not knowing how to express what’s going on inside of me or how to appropriately identify what God is teaching me through the process of it all.
In the past month there have been some significant changes. I have moved from East Saanich (about 45 min by bus) to Vic West (about a 6 min bus ride to downtown). This has been an incredibly positive, yet challenging change for me. I feel like life is coming back to me. I realize (three months later) how unfocused I have been, and how little parts of me fell asleep or died. Perhaps this is the vision for the 12 month placement(not that I should be asleep); but to be sent to an area, transitioned and then fully released and operating in my gifts and abilities. I’ve let too much time slide by, my transitioning needs to be over. I need to be fully awakened and walking in the things that I know that God has put inside of me. “This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath [a] enter you, and you will come to life.” Ezk 37
I’m in a place where I see broken people everyday. I spend my lunch time with between 10-12 young street people who have serious addictions, have never had a loving, trusting relationship and have had more “life experiences” then you and me put together. I am also the residential supervisor in a housing project for young girls who are just off the street or are out of foster care. Abortion, sex, drugs, alcoholism, manipulation- this is all they know. I know a lot of broken people. I’ve come to a place just recently, where I’ve decided that these people just plain need Jesus. I know there’s many wonderful people who labor for years and years doing ministry on the streets and to the homeless but after three months my sentiments are there’s nothing in this world we can possibly do for these people. It’s Jesus and Jesus alone. I’ve been re-focusing in that, I want to start believing God for healing and deliverances. I’m going to take some time to fast and pray this month. I really want to search out the way in which God has called me to do evangelism and I want to be available to step into it. I don’t know what this means…but I believe that life with the Holy Spirit is an adventure.
I believe that things are coming back to life in me. Life here has definitely been a journey. Victoria feels like home now and I have met a few awesome treasured people who are dear friends and encouragers. God knew! The one thing I wrestle with is the dang ole spirit of isolation. It’s hard to press in in prayer... when you’re alone, it’s hard to get motivated to study the word of God….when you’re alone. I’ve drawn back and back and it’s brought yuckiness. However, when I am unfaithful- yet God proves Himself faithful, and this fortunately for my sake is all about learning. So today I’m thankful for a renewing of my mind, for God’s faithfulness and for life. I’m on a journey.
In other news, I won’t be home for Christmas, I’m going to visit with Bonnie and Shawn in Saskatchewan for a week. Rock on Maritimers.
 
Comments:
It's so awesome to hear what God's doing in and through you on the other side of the country. I'll be praying for you!
 
wow. it's so good to read about what God has been doing in your life. you are certainly missed in new brunswick, but you ARE on a journey, im so excited that you have met awesome new people! God is good all the time...im excited to hear about the healings and deliverances God is going to preform through you. keep shining the light. i miss you a lot. im praying for you muffin berry..love you..Karen
 
I second your thoughts Erin! I want to be able to give Jesus to people and see him move in their life! Micah
 
Yet again it appears we are heading down similar paths... definitely not the same, but similar.
Just wanted to encourage you to speak against and bind that spirit of isolation in the name of Jesus. It has no place in you.
You are missed here in the Maritimes, but I think we can make it until you come home.
Peace,
Adam O
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger