Friday, August 24, 2007
  Conclusion
My time in Aliquippa is quickly drawing to a close. I'm excited to return to school and to another year of equipping and preparation. I look back at this last year and a half out on placement and I'm kind of overwhelmed at the change I see in my life: I have a new level of respect for people on self-support who after many years of discouragment and plundering still plug away because they are confident that they are walking in the vision God has for them. I think I've developed a firmer backbone. I've discovered that if you don't speak up you will get walked over. I am more confident in confrontation, saying what needs to be said and initiating difficult conversations. I've also learned some hard things...I've learned that ministry isn't all fluffy bunny rabbits and kitty cats. People will talk about you, they will manipulate your story and your intentions and sometimes you will get hurt. I'm learning this unfortunatley is just part of life and definitley am learning to set firmer boundaries in every relationship.
Enough about the hard stuff...I've had really valuable opportunities the last year and I'm really fortunate and thankful for the things I've gotten to experience and learn...things that could never be taught in a classroom.

Running Running, I can't look back,
I've made mistakes
that's a fact.
I'll keep looking forward
and trust in your grace
you and me, we'll finish this race.

You've straighten out my back,
and putten confidence to my walk,
You've taken me across the country,
never a moment was I in lack.

Take my heart of stone...
and make it one of flesh,
Breathe on these dry bones,
Jesus, only you know best.


Gonnnnnnnnnnnna keep rollin' on.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
The more I learn...the less I know...

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a Second Year Student with the Church Army in Canada. I'm interning with Street†Hope, a ministry to street kids in Victoria BC.

TAYLOR COLLEGE BLOGS
  • Christian
  • Hilary
  • Jessie
  • Kim
  • Marc
  • Reed
  • Susan
  • CHURCH ARMY BLOGS
  • Bonnie
  • Catherine
  • Chris
  • Dave
  • Gray
  • Jonathan
  • Jen B
  • Jen H
  • Paul
  • Shawn the Great
  • RANDOM PEOPLE
  • Adam
  • Andrew
  • Ben
  • Chad
  • Chris & Anissa
  • Courtney
  • David
  • Eli
  • Heather
  • Jamie & Marie-Hélène
  • Jen F
  • Jen W
  • Jordan
  • Karen
  • Kristen
  • Kristy
  • Marie-Hélène
  • Marli
  • Micah & Katie
  • Nat & Naomi
  • Nick
  • Priscilla
  • Rose
  • Skyy
  • TC
  • LINKS
  • Church Army
  • Street†Hope Victoria
  • TEC NB
  • Taylor College
  • Threshold Housing Society
  • ARCHIVES
    February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger